Wednesday, October 27, 2010

AN ASTONISHING SOURCE OF INSPIRATION
       (BY: SADAF AHMED KHAN)

25 minutes walk from Silver Jubilee gate to Department of Mass Communication. I see many people sitting alone or in group, some sitting idle or completing assignments or enjoying friends’ gathering but there is one man whom I see daily who have become the source of inspiration for me ,who convey the message “ Life is still ON Boss!” is MR. ALI IMRAN. One can see Ali Imran sitting on wheel chair at check post; selling phone cards mobile covers and stationary items.  I had no idea who this person is when I was assigned to write anything related to university of Karachi , he was the one who popped up in my mind immediately, I decided to interview him, I found Ali Imran a very lively personality , he has good sense of humor, sophisticated, well mannered and polite.

Here is a glance of the interview:

Q1: Who are you?

A: Mr. Ali Imran, a student of 3rd year MASS COMMUNICATION.

Q2: If you don’t mind me asking you about your wheel chair, kindly tell me how did it happen?

A: I had polio attack at child hood.

Q3: What u wanted to be when u was a child?

A: I wanted to join the army, I knew it was impossible but in spite of that fact I was expecting a miracle.

Q4: How come you joined mass communication?

A: as I cannot take part in physical activities I started reading books, analyzing different views and making my own perception. Now I like to share my views and perspectives with others, so you can say I wanted to communicate with masses and I am polishing my skills here.

Q5: when you will become a journalist what would hold maximum priority for you?

A: I believe it will be my responsibility to aware people of their own rights at least and I would like to motivate them to fight for their rights.

Q6: What are your favorite shows on television and who is your favorite reader?

A:Well Hameed Akhtar, Raees Fatima, M.Imran Kidvai are my favorite columnist, I don’t like to see news drama shows but Hasan Nisar of CHORAHA is my favorite.

Q7: What are your hobbies and activities?

A: I like to play chess, besides that I go for outing and movies.



Q8: How do you manage your traveling?

A:  By the grace of ALLAH ALLMIGHTY, I have my own special bike now. When I was in Iran I saw effective arrangement for special people but in our country the situations are hopeless.

Q9: if you get a chance to be a part of KU management, what changes would you make?

A: I don’t want to be a part of KU management but I think university should look like an educational institution rather than looking like border. Teachers should be friendly (He quoted Sir Faheem as the best example)

Q10: Would you like to give any message to fellow students?

A: I advice students to focus on their studies and develop reading habit. I wish all of them a bright future.

4 comments: