Sunday, October 17, 2010

Point to be noted..........

By Sadaf Khan 
As the school boys and girls grows up to a university guy and vans replace by university points. Its good to have experience of life your self .
I still remember the first day for university. I was at stop waiting for point but when it appeared, unfortunately their was no space any more. The boys were swing on the door just holding the rod, not only boys but the girls have a step in the bus and other one in the air. I was shocked and I decided to go by public bus but when I get down on maskan gate another problem was waiting for me and that issue was to walk from gate to department that’s 25 minutes away on foot.
I saw people taking lift so I did the same and that was really embarrassing moment , the most annoying thing was that people didn’t stop….


Then I saw point and THANKD GOD .we all ran after the point but alas! the point did not stop ,even guards tried to stop it. I was surprised, then I opted for a lift again and finally reached to the department but I was 15 minutes late I was embarrass but one should think that if the point came at 3:15pm, how any one manage to be on time in class.
Now this is my daily routine, not only mine but of most of the students.
We have gathered complaints so many times but after all  university of Karachi is the part of Pakistan -  no one hears the crying people ,who will hear the students!      
         
    

8 comments:

  1. hay Sadaf, really this is a point that have to b notice....
    This is not only the problem of KU students, other students are also facing the same problem, but infect u write well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same problem NED university students r facing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many times students have fallen from stuffed points and some have lost their lives too. Moreover, we dont any sign for improvement, we'll be same even after 100 years so no worries...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sadaf... nice topic u have chosen... even i have seen many times that the point is fully loaded with students and boys standing n swinging at the foot board and it doesn't even stop for students same problem with NED & DOW point, i suggest that universities should take some action & must provide at least 100 point buses for students as they are charging a handsome fee's from the students...

    Regards
    Younus Khan aka DARINDA

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes sadaf i completely agree wid u....this problem had been facing by the students for many years and yet no solution has come out by the administration of university.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think all student should start movement against it...........

    ReplyDelete
  7. good effort...I faced the same problem during my university days

    ReplyDelete
  8. I once had to attend a seminar in Pharmacy Dept. and I had walked from Silver Jubilee gate to there :( in mid of June it was a painful experience!

    Besides my sister also studies in UoK and she is always worried about this point problem.

    But I suggest that instead of crying on this issue convert it into an opportunity. I would suggest that if possible than students of UoK should raise funds and install a Bicycle stand in University of Karachi and gather both bicycles and cycle rickshaws this would Social Action Project will be self sustainable as students will pay minimum fee for using this service and that money will be reinvested in buying more bicycles and maintaining them.

    By doing so the students will be set free from the torture of moving from one Dept. to another!

    ReplyDelete