Friday, October 8, 2010

WHERE’S MY NAME IN THE LIST…..!!!!!!!

BY MAHA SABIR

Two years back looking for the admissions at Karachi University. It was one of my wishes to study at Karachi University and luckily doing so, but for it-bear a lot!
Like everyone as the admissions announced I also went to take the form, filled in with the department priority wise according to my percentage…

On the prescribed date I went to the Silver Jubilee Gate and started filtrating the list that in which department I got the admission…… Ah! Shocked NO NAME!! WHERE AM I??
Fitted the departments priority list according to my percentage but the sluggish and inefficient staff at Karachi university did not load my name in the admission list. And more interesting thing, on asking why they did it happen, they replied:

“AP NE LIST MEI KCH LIKHA BHI THA”
Ah! Such a nice answer…

The mistake made by Karachi University staff all came upon my shoulders and I had to submit a claim form to rectify my admission and place my name in the list and for which I had to submit fee known as claim fee amount in Rs 500/= which was refundable in addition to this 500/= extra for….”CHAI PANI” hope you understand….

My misery did not end here, the processing by Karachi University staff was done in such slow motion that they announced the claim list when even the last date of admission fees was ended and even more than that, they placed my name in the department which was in the least priority and closed below my percentage.

Thanking ALLAH that atleast I got the admission I submitted the late fees.

In my first year period, everytime I went in the office to take my claim money back the behavior and attitude of the staff frustrated me.
Now I am in my fourth semester and I have not yet received my Rs 500/= which were meant to be refundable.

They try to show me that it was my mistake to have submitted a claim form while it was K.U’s mistake.
ALTHOUGH I AM BEARING THE BURNT OF IT….!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. very true maha sabir i had a same case 2 years before. keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, true i agree....
    As the admission process in K.U does not reflect the transparency and clear procedure, such events do take place.
    I personally know some friends who have gone through such agony, i commend the writer for raising her voice and becoming voice for others, as well, who do not speak and sit quietly..

    ReplyDelete
  3. well m d lucky one i didnt face such problems but rite at the time of admission i do so when everyday they asked me abt a new document to bring...UFFF!!
    so u had mentioned a gud point.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah correctly said maha..!
    the attitude of the staff members is miserable....!1
    thank God u got addmission in K.u..
    mostly the staff over there are corrupted...
    and also by the influence of some political parties the transparency is also bieng affectd to the most..!!
    as my some friends told me that seats of merits are also being sold there in k.u...!!
    truely said maha..keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. im willing to take admission in k.u Maha baji n u wrote such a blog....
    well i hope i'l nt face such things although it was also political pressure u knw... n may b u become victim of diz...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, finally some1 raised the voice against KU officials...
    Thnk GOD I didn't face any prb during adm bt at the tym of submitting ma 3rd sem fee similar prb was faced!Good effort keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahaan...dats so sad 2 hear..
    but its not only K.U's issue u will find such issues almost in every govt universities...bcz d staff is jst dnt want 2 work at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well said Maha! I appreciate your confidence to speak .Nowadays,corruption is the major aspect of our government institutes thats why our country is still in the list of the poor and underdeveloped countries of the world after 63 years of its foundation just because of these corrupted people.

    ReplyDelete