Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Pleasant Walk…......


By Alifiya Aunali

I Usually walk from the Silver Jubilee Gate to department but on that particular day, I had not feel like walking may be due to the hot weather or may be I was not up to it, I messaged two of my friends who came from the Sheikh Zaid Gate but unfortunately when I reached that gate there was still some time to reach her and standing at the gate really looks awkward so I decided to walk till she came and asked her to pick me up on the way to the department.

The way from the Sheikh Zaid to our Department is a really long way at my side. I never wanted to walk that long but I just decided to walk and let’s enjoy the university’s environment. When started walking I liked walking a little that road had shadow which encouraged me walk the way.

I noticed quiet a few things, the road I was walking on had many too which is nice because in Karachi we don’t come across many life from which are trees and on the top of it all the mild grass which has grass near it after the monsoon rains and seriously that mild grass has some sort animals which are not all pleasant for a walking person , I am saying that because while walking I noticed something morning but I did not wanted to find out which space were to walk on that road which I have heard that it is also called “Thandi Sarak” by many students  were not as many people walking , there were only two to three couples walking hand in hand enjoying some in the bliss of solitude.

There was a particular path on that road it had that crows and pigeons (excretion think waste smell). I did not take that smell very like a fragrance one so hard to pass that path really fast holding my breath.
I also saw some apartments and houses belong to the teachers of the university and just gave a second thought they don’t have to round all those kilometers that I have to everyday, from Clifton to Gulshan but then “NO PAIN NO GAIN...”

When the department of international relation came into view then it felt that I had reach (Abaadi) because from their I could see many students which I regularly see everyday and just like all days I walked to my department all the way, I never went with my friend or she never appeared because she got really late and reached the department later than me….. !!!!!

Well, from my side, you will never feel bore while walking alone from the gate to the department as there is always something somewhere new to watch everyday BUT SURE all it happens only in KARACHI UNIVERSITY….……!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. yar itni dhoop hoti hay,plasent walk ka to meray lie mushkil hy,bt i apiciat u that u observ all thing in tarible hot weather....

    ReplyDelete