Tuesday, October 12, 2010

GOD FATHERS OF K.U

By Usama Rasheed


I still remember the day when I filled in the university affidavit form for not taking any part in student politics.

Till that point of time it seemed to be appreciable. But, the moment I got exposure to university life, I found out as if I have entered into a new world, where politics was all around and I asked myself , “Why non-political affidavit then?”

Students who are engaged in politics consider themselves as God Fathers.

I would like to mention here one incident, of which I became a victim. I, along with my class fellows, was walking towards the exit gate, all the way from my department. Two “Respected Brothers ;)” on motorbike taunted on us:

“Side main hokar nahi chal saktay”

We were actually walking on the right path. So I rightly replied,

“Aap nahi hosakte”

Hold on……. Did I say something wrong??????? I guess, I did!!!.

They came to me and said,

“Jante nahi hamain (Don’t you know us?)”

Oh my goodness! I realized that they belonged to a political party and the sudden thought of my parents forced me not to exchange any harsh words and I ended up with Sorry. Otherwise someone from my class would be writing a blog on “In memory of Usama Rasheed”. LOL :)
The point to be noted is, never argue with anyone in KU. You never know, your closest friend might belong to a political party. A wake-up call!!!!! LOL

Moreover, the way political students are diffusing corruption in the university is condemnable. I don’t say all are involved in that crime, but I’ve evidences that yes, many are. The procedure is, leave your answer sheet blank, and just remember your copy number. A phone call from a particular party member will go to a professor and he will think thrice, before saying “No”. And that’s how, some students get through their exams.

Note: Not all party students are corrupt.

But this is one benefit you get if you are in a political party. LOL ;)

Students even hide their affiliation with political parties from their families. A very close relative of mine was shifted to a private university, after his parents came to know that their son belongs to a political party.

And the most dangerous situation that can surround the university is Clash of the Titans (political parties). Even, if there is a bad news for any party in USA, it takes its toll on university environment. Due to this, educational activities are often halted. Means, there is always a fear of the existence of politics in the university among students.

Even on the occasion of 14th August, I feel so grieved when I see different party flags, but only a few Pakistani flags, not only in the university but throughout the country. Wish I could see such day once in my life!!!!!!

Note: Not intended to unveil anyone, but it’s time to speak the truth.

9 comments:

  1. True we faces alot of political influence in K.U

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u'll need security after this blog! LOL! But very true indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true and a very daring blog! LOL! loved every word of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is ki waja talba union pr paabandi hai ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant job yar.......
    You have guts to speak the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your material is efficiently presented. I am sure every one enjoyed reading your blogs. Superb************.

    ReplyDelete